Monday, October 5, 2026

 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 2 Corinthians 5:17

 I recently had a doctor’s appointment and the nurse who took down my information asked me if I had any recent falls. That question made me think of my grandmother, who in her 80s and 90s fell often. I shook my head no and thought….how old does she think I am. Well, as I’ve aged, my body tells me how many rugged miles I’ve traveled. Pain welcomes me every morning, sitting too long makes me feel like the Tin Man, in Wizard of Oz, whose joints rusted and hard to move, and truthfully I do lose my balance but haven’t fallen yet. If only I had a new body, I could do so much more.

 Today’s verse in 2 Corinthians is encouraging to me, as the outside of my body slowly degrades, the spirit inside me is alive, well, and getting better with each passing day. Old habits that were not pleasing to God have gone by the wayside, my knowledge about God’s love and wisdom grows more each day, and the most wonderful thing about this life in Christ, I get the opportunity to make tomorrow better than today. It’s a slow process, called sanctification, that yields a newer, more vibrant life inside my soul.

 Nehemiah said, “Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.” Nehemiah 8:10

 Your body might be aging and weak, but the true strength comes through tapping into the joy of the Lord. Only God can provide you a new life, give you strength for each day, and provide wisdom to make better decisions that not only bring honor to God, but blessings your way. Reverse the aging process by recognizing you are a new creation in Christ and the struggles you face in this life will pail in comparison to what awaits you on the other side of eternity! God bless!

 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. Romans 8:18

 

No comments:

Post a Comment