Sunday, April 26, 2020


I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you. John 14:18



Well, its been a month since we have walked into a church building for worship service. I was just thinking yesterday how many Sundays have passed, especially Easter Sunday, and no communing with fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. All because this pandemic has changed the way we live for a while. Its sad, and I miss my church family. I miss worshipping God with music and a message, in person, that really touches my heart. Can you relate?



The other day I took a few minutes to do a spiritual checkup. I’ve got to be transparent; I don’t feel as if my spiritual health is better than it was before I went into this pandemic. I feel malnourished and weakened in my faith. As I was tossing around these thoughts in my mind, God laid a few simple words on my heart….”I will never leave you, nor forsake you.” Wow, I needed that refreshment. Here I am feeling down because my faith isn’t where it should be, yet Jesus reassured me, He is with me, loves me, and watches over me, even when I’m not able to attend church.



Maybe your walk with the Lord has suffered during this pandemic. Time away from God’s holy table can leave you malnourished and longing for His word and fellowship with brothers and sisters. So isolated, you feel like an orphan. Trust me friend, Jesus Christ has not left you alone. He is with you and will bring you through this difficult time. Stay in His word, keep praying and stay in touch with others as we come closer to brining the family back together for spiritual nourishment and worship! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment