Wednesday, April 5, 2023

 Therefore strengthen the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be dislocated but rather be healed. Hebrews 12:12-13

 After years of working on a farm, running track and just living life, my knees remind me that I’m not in my 20s. Walking uphill and downhill oftentimes become a struggle and sometimes I catch myself grabbing a hand rail in fear they will simply give out. With that said, I have to determine the easiest way to get around, which sometimes takes a little longer, but it protects my knees from further damage and potential injury.

 When I read today’s verse, I quickly associated this with my knees. Just like my planning a simpler path, as Christians we must chose a simple path and not deviate from it. This world provides many opportunities to invest your time, money and personal interest, but at the end of the day, you have to ask yourself if it honors God. If it doesn’t, it will eventually drain your financial resources, tear apart your family, dilute your faith and quite possibly destroy your witness.

 Trust the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

 God wants you to live a fulfilling life. As a child of God, you continue to live in the world, but should not be influenced by the lust of it. Putting God first in every endeavor you wish to pursue will ensure your path is straight and will reduce the opportunity of injuring your faith, witness and the blessings God has bestowed in your life. He has a path that is simply made, just for you. Find it through trusting Him each day and your journey will bring blessings to both you and God!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment