Friday, July 31, 2026

 By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches and honor and life. Proverbs 22:4 

“Man, if only I could win the lottery I’d build a nice big house, help my family with their finances, and give to those in need”. Maybe you’ve said those exact words before, I know I have and even today as I see the crime in my small-town grow, I want so badly to locate to a more peaceful area.

 God understands and knows our wants and our needs and has the benefit of seeing beyond those things we pray for, even beg God to give us in hopes of a better tomorrow. He also knows that giving us the perfect conditions will distance our need for His help, thus communicating less and less with Him.

 Think about it for a minute, if you gave your own child everything they wanted, what would they expect? More toys, more trips to Disneyland, and eventually their selfish wants would soon turn to sour grapes. Studies have revealed that 70% of lottery winners end up going bankrupt. Let that sink in for a minute.  

 The reality is God created you with a limit of resources He knows you can properly manage. The extras you receive are His blessings, and it’s those blessings that you lovingly embrace, thanking God for His thoughtfulness. He loves receiving praise and when you do, it opens the door to more of what He knows you can handle. Simple blessings such as a lower utility bill, your child gets accepted to a special college, a promotion at work, the car repair bill ends up being small…the list of His blessings are endless!

 As a child of God, you might never become rich by worldly standards, but your riches come in the form of God’s blessings. By living a humble life, honoring God for His provisions, and living rightly aligns you to receive blessings that have more value than a million dollars. Thank God for His provisions and trust Him to sustain you, no matter your bank account, or address. He’s got your winning ticket to paradise.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment