Tuesday, July 21, 2026

 The Lord has been mindful of us;

He will bless the house of Israel;

He will bless the house of Aaron.

He will bless those who fear the Lord,

Both small and great.

Psalm 115:12 

During my early childhood years, I recall seeing signs in people’s homes that read: “Bless Our Home”. A great reminder of God’s daily blessings and the hope that He will continue to pour out His blessings on the families who trust God. Even in difficult moments, I recall seeing families not waiver in their faithfulness to God.

 I believe that in today’s society, people have moved away from seeking God’s blessings over their homes; and instead seek for personal blessings. By doing so, you isolate other family members, which in turn break down the unity of the family. I know this is a deep thought, especially as I type this at 5 AM; but it’s true and I believe this is why we are seeing a new generation of children not actively engaged in spiritual worship, much less acknowledging God in any aspect of their life.

 And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. Deuteronomy 6:6-7

 Do you want God to bless not only you, but your family? Start focusing on your family unit, to ensure they know the Creator of blessings and the importance of obediently following Jesus Christ. As Dr. Charles Stanley used to say, “God blesses obedience”. He will bless your family when you keep them spiritually engaged and trusting in God’s faithfulness for every season of life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment