Tuesday, September 29, 2026

 “As he came from his mother’s womb, naked shall he return, To go as he came; And he shall take nothing from his labor Which he may carry away in his hand.”. Ecclesiastes 5:15 


Anytime I've driven by former places I've lived, I see the things I focussed on neglected. The shrubs in the front are unkept, the house has mold growing on the sides, and the grass is not manicured. All of these things I spent long, laborless hours perfecting are no longer visible. 


Today's verse sums up the majority of our lives. We work hard to provide for our families, and accumulate things, money, and expensive experiences to feel good about ourselves. A sense of achievement you could say. But, 5, or 10 years from now all of those things you worked hard to provide will simply be sold, broken, or forgotten. How sad it is that we spend a lifetime achieving temporary pleasures that amount to nothing when we are gone. 


““Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;  but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.  ”. Matthew 6:19-20 


Doing things that invest in  eternity have benefits now and long after you pass. Spending quality time with family, caring for those in need, and most importantly sharing the message of Jesus Christ with the lost, have eternal value that never dissolve over time. God's word provides an endless number of opportunities to invest in your eternal future. You just have to decide where you'll spend your time and resources. 


Dear God, thank you for your generous provisions. May I use them to bring you glory as I walk through this life and into eternity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment