This morning, I was
reading one of my daily devotionals and it talked about the importance of
having patience with others. Ephesians 4:2 was referenced, “be patient, bearing
with one another in love”. At the end of the devotional, it asked to identify
two people who I have little or no patience for. To be honest, my list went
well beyond two people. Then I had to ask myself, why am I so impatient with
these certain people? I’m a people person and will speak to just about any
breathing individual. After some reflection, I actually learned something about
myself, and I understand now why certain people test my patience. 60 years it
has taken to learn something new about myself, and I realize I need to work on
a certain aspect of my life so I can better reflect the love of Christ to
everyone…even those whom I have not given my complete attention.
As humans, we are
God’s creation. We come with special talents, abilities, and sometimes personal
flaws, that go unnoticed in our everyday life. Some struggle to understand their
character makeup and it truly impacts the way we interact with others. How can
you truly know the real you? What I mean is, how can you peel back the layers of
your personality to understand why you do the things you do, how you respond to
others, and the talents God has given you.
For the word of God
is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to
the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner
of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12
Hebrews 4:12
literally cuts to the point. God’s word brings light to who you are as a human,
a child of God, and what you can do in your life to bring Him glory. Who better
to inquire about YOU than your Creator! Jesus said it well in Matthew 10:30 “But
the very hairs on you head are all numbered”. If God knows how many hairs you
have (or don’t have), He can also enlighten you on why you exist. He has a plan
and purpose for your life, and unless you let His word guide you along the
route to sanctification, you are simply traveling through life in the dark. Reach
your fullest potential by tapping into God’s instruction manual for this life
and into eternity.
No comments:
Post a Comment