Trust in the Lord
with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways
acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
In my carport is a
wooden swing. It’s my favorite place to sit to think, reflect, pray, and watch
the wildlife in my backyard. No matter what the weather conditions outside, I’m
protected from the elements. It’s so relaxing and wish I had discovered the
comforts it has brought me earlier in life.
Looking back over my
life, I can tell you life has had its very difficult moments. Moments that left
me wondering why am I in this mess, asking God how to get out of this mess, and
what was the purpose of this mess. All good questions, and as much as I wanted
answers, God had a plan through each and every trial I faced. He might not have
provided me with answers, but I learned to trust Him through the trial, all the
way to the outcome. Today, I stand weathered by life’s storms, but still here,
testifying to God’s goodness and faithfulness.
Today’s verses provide
us a guide to life, where to put our trust. Not in man, because he/she will let
us down at times, but to trust God. The path He choses to lead us down might
not be clearly understood, sometimes painful (yes painful), and difficult, but
the outcome fulfills His purpose, and His plan to grow us into mature Children
of God.
Commit your way to
the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass. Psalm 37:5
You might be going
through a difficult life storm; sit under the canopy of God’s protective hands,
and put your trust in Him to see you through.
No comments:
Post a Comment