Saturday, February 22, 2020


The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23: 1-4



The other day I was driving down the highway when I noticed a car had pulled over and it was apparent that the driver and passenger were swapping places. Been there myself. Driving can be tiring and stressful. Nothing more comforting than having a passenger who is willing to take the wheel for a while and give me rest.



You may recall years ago, Carrie Underwood came out with a very popular song: “Jesus Take the Wheel”. Every time I hear this song, my heart gets emotional. How many times in my life have I forged on through difficult times, thinking I can do this by myself, and not rely on anyone else for help. Truth is, I get tired, stressed out and begin to act in a manner that doesn’t resemble the behavior and attitude Christ wants for me.



Today’s passage is an excellent reminder of who Jesus is and what He can do for you 24/7. He meets your every need. He provides rest for your weary soul, He brings you to a place of peace in the middle of pure Hell and best of all, He restores you to a condition that you can keep on going with His help.



Maybe you are struggling through some great difficulty. Time to swap places and let Jesus take the wheel of your life, so you can rest, find peace and restore your weary soul. He is willing and ready to swap places; all you have to do is pull over in prayer and allow Him to have it all! Let Jesus take your wheel today! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment