Wednesday, June 9, 2021

 Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content. 1 Timothy 6:6-8

 

I don’t know if this blog is really meant for me or someone else, but I can tell you today’s scripture hits a nerve.

 

Stop for a minute and briefly evaluate your finances and what you are doing to earn a living. Now look around at what you possess. If you have food, clothing and shelter, God has blessed you with the essentials for life. Beyond the essentials, how much more blessed are you? How hard are you working or investing to gain more possessions or wealth?

 

As a child of God, one thing you must remember, God owns all you have. Without His blessings, you would possess little or nothing. I can personally tell you He withholds certain blessings from me because He knows my blessing limits. If I have too many things or money, they will consume my attention and take my focus off what and whose really important in my life. Can you relate this to your life?

 

The next two verses following today’s passage reads: “But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through many sorrows.” 1 Timothy 6:8-10

 

Take some time to thank God for what He has provided you and ask Him to help you turn away from anything that might drown you in debt or a “drive” for more. Be grateful for what God has provided to you and bless others with your abundance. It is certain, you can carry nothing out of this world. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment