Friday, March 17, 2023

 “Rain makes me feel less alone. All rain is, is a cloud- falling apart, and pouring its shattered pieces down on top of you. It makes me feel good to know I'm not the only thing that falls apart. It makes me feel better to know other things in nature can shatter." Lone Alaskan Gypsy. 

 After several days of beautiful weather, rain has returned to Georgia. Although I’ve enjoyed yesterday’s sun and warm weather, today’s rain was certainly welcoming. There is something about a rainy day, it’s like Mother Nature gives you an excuse to rest, do very little and just enjoy the sounds of nature falling from the sky.

 Today’s quote comes from a blogger who also finds comfort on rainy days. Here she associates the release of rain to life’s brokenness which compares to many of life’s heart breaking moments. As humans, we are not immune from life’s disappointing moments and the pain they cause can make you feel hopeless, alone and drain your energy to move forward another day. But, it doesn’t have to remain that way forever.

 God, pick up the pieces of my life. Put me back together again. I give you my praise. Jeremiah 17:14

 In God we have the assurance that life cannot steal your hope. In Christ, life will not leave you shattered and broken. God will comfort your heart and spirit in difficult times, and heal the heartache in your life. He is the Great Healer that will put your life back together again so you can resume life. Although the rainy days may come, use them to rest in the comfort of Jesus Christ and know that it will be well within your soul to praise Him for His goodness! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment