Tuesday, October 1, 2024

 Galatians 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ. 

One of the dangers of serving in the church is to get caught up in pleasing those in leadership. Finding gratification from the preacher or other leaders will result in failed expectations. They are men (or women) who God appointed to lead, but they are also human, and they are not capable of seeing your heart’s desire to serve. 


I sometimes find myself guilty of seeking the acknowledgement from my church leaders, whereas my focus should be on God. They might not see the literal blood, sweat, and tears, I've put into the work of the church, but God sees and keeps record of my loyalty and will reward me in ways that far outweigh any human recognition. 


Colossians 3:23 And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, 


Maybe you are seeking some approval from leaders in your church. Just remember, that will never fill your cup like the blessings of God. Stay prayed up and seek after God's approval and you'll have the motivation to give Him your best. 


No comments:

Post a Comment