Monday, October 15, 2018


When you said, “Seek My face.” My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.” Psalm 27:8



Years ago, I was traveling in Atlanta to do some shopping. When I went to get back on the interstate the on-ramp was blocked, saying the interstate was closed. So, I took side roads that paralleled the interstate. Every now and then I’d venture towards a sign for I-85 only to find the on-ramps closed. As I got closer to downtown Atlanta, the neighborhoods got scarier. I drove by a “Neighborhood Watch” sign that was all shot up. I started praying for God to get me back on the interstate. Thankfully I was able to get back on I-85 and travel to my intended destination.



Sometimes in life you may find yourself in a place you never intended to go, maybe because you weren’t paying attention to your internal guide or distracted by something momentarily. In the middle of your journey, you wonder how you’ll ever get back to the main road of life. Can you relate? Today’s scripture gives great advice for the journey back to safety….”Seek the Lord’s face”.



When you are at a scary place in life, seeking the Lord’s face will guide you back to the main road. You might be wondering how in the world you got so off course and asking how you’ll ever get back…you can do it. Pray, read scripture and seek after God for wisdom as you work towards the on-ramp to safety. God will guide you there when you allow Him to lead you away from trouble! God bless!



Seek the LORD while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way And the unrighteous man his thoughts; And let him return to the LORD, And He will have compassion on him, And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon. Isaiah 55:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment