Sunday, February 7, 2021

 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as in the manner of some, but exhorting one another and so much the more as you see in the Day approaching. Hebrews 10: 24-25

 

Just this week I have heard of several people I personally know who’ve lost loved ones due to Covid. These loved ones have been life long partners, and now my acquaintances find themselves alone, paralyzed by sadness and want to isolate themselves from others. My dear friend, the last place you want to isolate yourself from is church.

 

I want to share one simple thought that God laid on my heart last Sunday. The truth is, if your loved one is a child of God, he or she is worshipping with God right now. As you come together to worship in church, you are joining in on the Heavenly worship service with God Himself. Jesus said it in Matthew 18:20: “For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”

 

Think about it, church attendance with God and your loved one. And if you truly come to worship God, I’m certain He will bless you with His presence and your loved one will be praising in unison with you. It might be hard to comprehend in your deepest moment of sadness, but trust me, God is there with you, reaching out His hand to join you in spirit with the one you’ve lost.

 

You have brothers and sisters in Christ who love you, have been praying for you and want to embrace you at this most difficult time. Most of all, your loved one wants you to join in with the worship service. Together you can praise God in one spirit, one mind, in one accord. Come home to your family of God. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment