Friday, April 5, 2024

 “and that you may prolong your days in the land which the Lord swore to give your father, to them and their descendants a land flowing with milk and honey.” Deuteronomy 11:9

 As I look back over my life, I realize how blessed I am to have a beautiful wife who loves me, a retirement from a successful career, health, and a family who’s doing very well on their own. I guess you could say I’ve found my “promised land”. Trust me when I say, it took a while, a long while, to get to this point. There was a lot of floundering in the wilderness, searching my way through life, with the highs and lows that life brought; periods of Godly obedience, and at times disobedience. Yet, no matter where I was in the wilderness, God was right there, providing the wisdom and resources to carry me through to this new chapter of life.

 Therefore you shall keep every commandment which I command you today, that you may be strong, and go in and possess the land which you cross over to possess. Deuteronomy 12:8

 Maybe you are just like the Israelites, making your way through the wilderness of life, trying to reach that “promised land”. Verse 8 in Deuteronomy 12 is just as important today as it was thousands of years ago, obedience brings Godly blessings. The wilderness experience isn’t meant to frustrate you, or shorten your time in the sweet years of life. No, it’s a period of time to grow your faith and trust in the Lord. It’s a time to strengthen you, for you’ll need strength when facing adversity, sometimes severe adversity, that will test your faith to the core. Each step will bring highs and lows, but the only disappointment you’ll experience is repeating the same mistakes over and over. Once you come through the wilderness with your PHD in life, God will open the door to the promised land.

 Whatever your “promised land” looks like, just know God has plans to get you there, in time and when you are ready, to truly embrace the land flowing with milk and honey, God’s blessings!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment