Friday, April 12, 2024

 “Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.” Luke 22:42

 One of my greatest battles is the flesh. It is in a constant war against the Spirit living inside of me. My desire is to chose Godly obedience, yet the weakness of my flesh becomes defeated in my limited strength to remain faithful to God. To be transparent, there are times I want to simply give up the battle, because it overwhelms my soul. This morning, I was on my knees praying for forgiveness and that feeling of giving up reared its ugly head. God brought to mind today’s passage in Luke.

 I can only imagine the agony that Jesus felt knowing what laid ahead in the coming hours; severe beatings, death on the cross, and most damning was the separation from God the Father, taking on the sins of mankind. Yet, Jesus never gave up, He knew the very purpose for His existence, and thus, carried on with God’s plan for Him to be the sacrificial lamb to wipe away the sins of those who make the decision to accept God’s forgiveness through His Son.

 You might be battling some things in your life, that overwhelm your soul, and ready to throw in the towel. Just remember, that Jesus Christ paved the way for you to receive eternal life, through His death, burial, and resurrection. He didn’t want to do it, yet He knew it was God’s will and followed through in obedience. God has a wonderful plan for your life, and no matter how defeated you might feel, never give up. God is, and always will be with you, to encourage, protect, and love you, even when you don’t deserve any of His offerings. He loves you, just as He does His Son; you are a child of God. Keep going, Gods got you in His hands.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment