As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him. Colossians 2:6
As a kid growing up on our family farm, I always enjoyed accompanying my dad when he went out to do chores, whether it was feed the hogs, cows, or just take care of anything that needed mending. As I grew, I accepted more responsibility and actually helped him with the task at hand. It was my desire to please him in my work, knowing that he was right there beside me to encourage, instruct, and correct.
If you are a child
of God, YOU accepted Jesus Christ into your life. You chose to receive Him. Let
me repeat that, YOU CHOSE TO RECEIVE HIM! I think over time we forget that our
Heavenly Father is always with us through His Holy Spirit. Whether we chose not
to think about His presence or simply forget He’s there, we leave ourselves vulnerable
to the lure of sin. We focus on the pleasure sin brings and forget that God is
always present to encourage, instruct, and correct you when headed towards
something outside His will.
No comments:
Post a Comment