Psalms 46:10 NKJV
[10] Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!
Have you ever been in a place where there was no sound? No sirens, no birds singing, no sound of the wind, no air-conditioning running, no one speaking? If you are like me, it's hard to remember a time of total silence. Even as I sit here early this morning outside there is a bug making his sound as loud as a Harley Davidson motorcycle.
Our ears operate 24/7. That's a good thing and sometimes a bad thing, depending on where you are. As a child of God, God wants you to hear Him speak to you through His Holy Spirit. The challenge is filtering out everything that is competing with Him to be heard. His voice doesn't come in the form of sound, but through the spirit, speaking wisdom, warning, encouragement, and love. How can you hear Him?
You have to be intentional about blocking out the world's sounds to hear Him. That might mean closing the apps on your phone, even silencing it, getting in a place without distractions (your closet is good…if there is room), anywhere you can block out other distractions. Difficult yes, but not impossible.
I love today's verse. Anytime I read it, I'm reminded to slow down, take in His beautiful creation, and make time to listen to Him. God has a lot to say to all of us, we just have to posture ourselves to hear His sweet voice. What is God trying to say to you today?
No comments:
Post a Comment