Tuesday, August 4, 2026

 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 1 Corinthians 2:10

 One summer I came home from college and was hanging out with one of my friends. He asked me if I truly believed there was a God. I had accepted Christ at age 12, yet hadn’t really been questioned about my belief in God. I came home and asked mom, and her reply was to search out for God’s existence, and He will reveal Himself. Following that conversation, I also met with my youth pastor and even a counselor, in search of God’s existence. All of them said, God will reveal Himself to you.

 A few months later, I attended a youth event at our church. We had been running around outside the church playing games. At the conclusion, our newly married youth pastor realized he had lost his wedding ring. Immediately we all started searching the church grounds for his ring. I said out loud the following, “God if you are real, let me find that ring”.

 I went around to the back of the church parking lot; a large area covered in newly poured white gravel. It was getting dark and I had difficulty seeing. At one point, something physically stopped my body from moving and I heard a voice inside my head say, “David, I give you the power to see in the dark”. I looked ahead and saw something in the rocks. I had a flash light in my hand and I heard the voice say “turn on the light”. In the middle of that light’s circle was his wedding ring!

 Still today when I share this story, I get emotional. I had a personal encounter with God. Since then, I’ve never questioned His existence and it actually increased my faith and belief that God is with us continually. He is always looking out for us, even at times when we stray off the path of righteousness, He is there, encouraging us to step back into His light.

 Maybe you question God’s existence. I encourage you to search out the truth. Read your bible (God’s word), ask God to reveal Himself to you. He wants you to know He’s with you and will reveal Himself at just the right moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment