Ephesians 4:26 NKJV
[26] “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath,
Yesterday I had an unfortunate experience where a young man decided to ride his four-wheeler recklessly through my front yard, nearly striking my house and me as I was cutting grass. Although you'd think this one incident wouldn't bother me much, it's actually just one of many sour experiences I've had living in this once peaceful, quiet neighborhood. So, this incident shook me to the core.
Today's verse was enacted yesterday as I had to stay up until my anger diminished and I was able to chill. It was midnight before my head hit the pillow, but I'll tell you I slept soundly and woke this morning with a new perspective. It certainly generated much prayer, and an attitude of forgiveness for the thoughts I had in the heat of the moment.
Attitudes and anger can be a deadly mix, as we've seen this played out in the news, time and time again. People getting killed over a dispute, road rage, and yes a tyrant of rants on social media. We must not allow ourselves to get caught up with the worldly chaos by responding out of godly character. Guilty as charged.
Today is a reset. Today is a day of forgiveness. Today is a day of hope for humanity and not let the few bad apples spoil the view of the majority.
Thank you God for your grace, mercy, patience, and love for this weary soul trying to live amongst your creation.
No comments:
Post a Comment