Sunday, August 23, 2020

 

And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13

 

A few weeks ago I was searching for a birthday gift for my grandson. One of his requests was a “batman house”, so I googled “batman house” and I had a lot of choices, but wasn’t quite sure which one. Prices ranged from $20 to $80, small to large and with all kinds of options. It was somewhat stressful, as I wanted to get the right one. As his birthday drew closer, my daughter gave me something more specific and I luckily found exactly what he wanted. Upon giving it to him, he replied “this is what I’ve been wanting all of my life.” Papa was happy along with my little Carter man!

 

Today’s verse crossed my path a few days ago and I could relate my toy search to searching for God. When faced with a crisis, we oftentimes look to God for help. In the moment of chaos and stress, we might have trouble finding God in our problem. Although He is there with you, you just can’t seem find Him. Today’s passage is a good reminder that in order to find Him, we must search for Him with all of our heart.

 

What does that look like? It means completely releasing your problem into God’s hands upon your request for His help. When you do, the problem becomes so small that all you see is God holding it in His HUGE hands and having the trust and confidence that He will work it out for the best. If you are still tempted to try and fix the little issues within the problem, you haven’t let go of it completely and won’t be able to see God.

 

Trust me friend, God is big enough to help you with any problem you face, big and small. Life’s issues can easily block your view of God, but with confidence, you can fully release it into His care and keep that view of God lighting your path ahead.  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment