Thursday, August 6, 2020

For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:19

 

While my grandmother, Nedra, was still alive, I provided her a journal to write down her thoughts on spiritual matters and life’s experiences that I could read and treasure. She always studied the bible and gained much wisdom throughout the years.

 

The last few years of her life were spent in a nursing home because she required more care than family could provide. In her last journal entry, she was complaining about the food and some of her dislikes. The last thing she wrote was:

 

“My devotions for this past month, just be thankful that the Lord has made me content. Don’t know how long this will last but I’m depending on Him – and David’s prayers. I know there are lots of prayers for Linda and me and that helps.

 

I can tell you, there is much power in prayer. When someone asks for prayer and people respond, God moves in ways we might not see, but the person receiving those prayers feels them. Prayer sustains the person going through the trial. Just as Paul said in his writing to the people of Philippi. So when you see or hear of a need, pray for that person and know God is working to encourage and sustain those whose names you lift up to God. God bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment