Friday, May 5, 2023

 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us. Ephesians 3:20

 Yesterday I went over to one of our kid’s house to spray weed killer on about ½ an acre of nothing but poison ivy and other unwanted vegetation. I purchased a sprayer that I thought would be more than enough, but as I started into my work realized it was too small for the job, but would eventually work. After 2 hours of refilling that spray pump jug multiple times and spraying, I completed the task. To say I felt overwhelmed was an understatement, but with determination, I conquered the task. Now let’s hope the weeds die or I’ll be back for a second spraying.

 The things you face in life may seem overwhelming at times, leaving you to wonder if you have enough strength and motivation to accomplish all that is necessary to get through the day, week or even longer. Today’s passage is an excellent reminder that we have God’s Holy Spirit living inside each child of God. As a Christian, you have that power to keep going to accomplish whatever is at hand. Calling out to God for help is a sure sign that you acknowledge your inadequacy and trust that He will help you through life’s difficulties. And He will do it ever time!

 You can do this friend. Life may seem bigger than you, and that’s ok, because God is bigger than anything you face and He will empower you to do great and mighty things with faith in Him. Cry out to Him when those Goliath moments happen and see His mighty hand work on your behalf. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment