Saturday, May 25, 2024

 If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself. 2 Timothy 2:13

 There was a time in my life when I wasn’t fully engaged in my relationship with Jesus Christ. Away from the people who had Christian influence in my youth, I followed the crowd of immorality and over time I felt less of God’s presence. I was enjoying the fruits of the world, and the satisfaction drove me to partake more and more of that lifestyle.

 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. 1 Corinthians 2:12

 Where did God go? Did He leave me to my own vices? 1 Corinthians 2:12 says that, as a child of God, you receive the Spirit of God, not the spirit of the world. It’s something to really ponder, that the God of this universe gives you His Holy Spirit, an extension of God. And the Holy Spirit NEVER leaves you. Although you may go in the opposite direction of God’s path, He continues with you. It might feel as if God has left you, but when you walk in disobedience, the noise and pollution of sin clouds your vision and ability to hear His still small voice.

 Maybe you are not where you should be in your relationship with God (none of us truly are) and feel as if God has abandoned you. You might be at the point where you’ve simply given up on God and desire to fill your life with the momentary pleasures of this world. Friend, I can assure you God is still right there with you, even on days when you are furthest from His obedience. He cannot deny Himself, who lives inside you!

 Maybe it’s time for you to come back to the Savior, ask for forgiveness of your sinful ways and find that eternal peace, joy, and satisfaction you’ve been seeking in the world. Nothing compares to the blessings God provides when you step back onto the pathway He intended for your life! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment