Monday, May 20, 2024

 ‭Romans 12:15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. 


One of the most painful things you experience in life is seeing people hurt, through the loss of a loved one, suffering through a health issue, or broken relationship. This is especially heart wrenching to watch loved ones suffer. I can't tell you the number of times my emotions got the best of me this year and I've cried tears for the many negative events that have happened in people around me. Life has its good moments, but when the bad happens, it can often diminish your joy. 


This morning as I sit here drinking coffee, reading God's word, the thought of three families come to mind, who have or are currently going through a time of pain and suffering. As the tears swell in my eyes, today's verse comes to mind. Not that I seek any recognition for my emotions, but it tells me my heart is following God's call for us to weep with those who weep. 


Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Matthew 5:4


The tears don't necessarily bring healing, but a call to God for His overwhelming presence to bring comfort and peace to a very difficult moment in your and their life. As I get older, I find my emotions stir easier, in good and bad times. It might be I'm more “seasoned” in life or my awareness of God's Holy Spirit is alive and well within my soul. Whatever the answer, God is always there to comfort us, and He is available to you when you cry out in mourning. God bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment