Wednesday, May 1, 2024

 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. Revelation 3:20

 If you have children, you know it can be impossible at times to get them to respond to your text or phone calls. Maybe a few days have passed and you just want to hear your child’s voice. I thought it was just me that felt this way, but after talking to other parents, I realize it’s the norm not to hear from our children as often as we’d like.

 The other day, I was waiting and waiting and waiting to hear from one of my kids (and still waiting), and this thought came to mind: I wonder if God longs to hear from me more often? Yes, I have morning prayer time and on occasion I might slip in an immediate request sometime in the day, but having a genuine conversation with God doesn’t happen very often. And if He feels like me, He is sad when I don’t take notice of His presence and acknowledge Him when blessings come my way, when something beautiful in nature reminds me of His wonderous creation and when I feel His love, grace, and mercy at times when it’s needed most. As I get older, I realize just how human God is, as we are created in His image (Genesis 1:26)

 Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

 Maybe you too have a difficult time including God in your daily life, your conversations with Him are infrequent and brief. Look at God from the standpoint of a parent and you as His child (which you are). Make God a part of your daily life by praying without ceasing. It might sound crazy having a conversation with God, but He is no different than you, He wants to be included in your life, each and every minute. And when you include Him, your steps will be directed down the right path and center of His perfect will. After a while, you will clearly see just how involved He is in your life as your commit your day communing with Him.

 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way. Psalm 37:23

No comments:

Post a Comment