Friday, September 6, 2024

 Isaiah 43:18 “Do not remember the former things, Nor consider the things of old.”


I was talking to a friend last night and jokingly mentioned one of the stupid things I did in my youth. He responded by saying it's easy to recall the wrong things we've done. He's not wrong, we as humans often allow memories of the worst moments of life to resurface in our mind, reliving the shame and regret those actions yielded. Lord knows I have many moments I wish I could redo, but I can't. 


Satan does his best to remind us of our past sins, in an attempt to make us feel unworthy of God's love and His gracious mercy He shows His followers. Today's passage tells us to forget the past, because there is nothing you can do to change it, only make better choices today. 


Isaiah 43:19 Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness And rivers in the desert.


The beautiful thing about a relationship with God is He takes our poor choices and uses them to redirect our decisions that reflect more of His character and fulfill His will for each one of us. Looking back, I can see how my life has evolved into a better child of God. Not that I'm perfect by any means, but my decisions are biblically based and fall in line with His plan for me. 


Isaiah 43:25 “I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; And I will not remember your sins.


God can't bless or use us unless we are washed clean by the blood of Jesus Christ. When we repent of sin and ask His forgiveness, He removes the past mistakes and failures from the book, so He can do great things in a life in submission to His will. 


Don't let your past haunt you; if you've acknowledged your wrong, it's forgotten. Today is a new day, a fresh start, for God to do great things in your life. God bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment