Thursday, September 26, 2024

 James 2:16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does  it profit? 


When someone shares their struggles, the common response is, “I'll be praying for you”. Prayer is great and accomplishes much, but sometimes God expects you to go the extra mile and give them more than lip service. 


Matthew 5:41 And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.  


Jesus' life was the perfect example of serving others, that was His life's ministry, and if you are a genuine Christian you should follow in His footsteps. Yes, life is busy and we often make excuses for the added responsibilities, but you've got to consider, what's my priority? Serving others or serving self. 


As I write this blog, the feeling of guilt confirms I need to do more by reprioritizing my daily tasks. And the wonderful benefit of serving others is it provides a window for them to see Christ through you, and God will surely bless you, either here or in Heaven one day. 


Matthew 25:34-35 NKJV

[34] Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:  [35] for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in;  

No comments:

Post a Comment