Wednesday, November 20, 2019


For the Lord is righteous, He loves righteousness; His countenance beholds the upright. Psalm 11:7



There is nothing more rewarding than to receive a smile and nod of approval from someone we respect when we do something right. I recall as a youth, the smile from mom and dad when I did good in their eyes. They didn’t have to say anything, just their facial expression was enough.



For the child of God it’s the same. When we live rightly, when we do something pleasing to Him, He gives us His nod of approval. There is something else that comes with walking in obedience, His blessings. Isaiah 1:19: “If you are willing and obedient, You shall eat the good of the land.” I can tell you when I make right decisions about life, when I turn from sin, when I put God front and center of my life, I receive nothing but goodness from Him.



I shared something on Facebook from a commentary I read on today’s verse: God cannot love a sinner as a sinner, because he hates impurity by a necessity of nature as well as a choice of will. It is as impossible for him to love it as to cease to be holy. Stephen Charnock.



As a child of God, you will mess up, you will sin and make wrong choices in life. But, through God’s grace and the forgiveness of sins through Jesus Christ’s sacrifice, we are forgiven. But we should NEVER take advantage of His grace by purposefully sinning. Choosing to sin over remaining obedient will result in God yielding His blessings in your life. Chose to walk in obedience and God’s approval should be enough to keep on pleasing Him daily! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment