Thursday, November 28, 2019


Then Jesus said, Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do. Luke 23:34



Recently married, I have been blessed to experience a sweet and special kind of love from my wife. Her love is felt through the words she says, her acts of kindness and by her presence in my life, I know she loves me.



As I was going to work the other day, I pondered how can I know the depth of her love. God laid upon my heart today’s passage. Then thoughts of God’s love came over me and I think I’ve come up with a way to measure her love for me, and the love of my Father.



What He revealed is love is only as deep as the grace we have for the other person. Just like the relationship we have with God, we will do things that will disappoint or frustrate the other person, but the willingness to forgive and move past those bitter moments, all in the name of love, displays the depth of love one has for another.



Because of God’s love for all of mankind, He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to earth, to make payment for our sins. He had the best intentions in the world, but the world saw differently and they crucified Him on a cross. Yet, in the saddest moment of Jesus life, He had such a deep love for them, that He asked God to forgive them.



As Christians, we have the Spirit of God living inside of us. That Spirit provides the strength and encouragement to forgive others when they hurt or disappoint us. How deep is your love for your spouse, family member or friends? Add to the dept of your love through grace for them and find your love never run dry for the ones God has placed in your life! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment