Tuesday, July 6, 2021

 If we confess out sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

 

Have you ever struggled to breath? Maybe the air is thick, you’ve just completed a physically demanding task or you found yourself overwhelmed by anxiety. It can be scary when breathing becomes difficult. I have known people with health conditions that struggled to breath and the remedy was giving them oxygen. Once they inhaled O2, they began to calm down and feel better, almost as if a weight has been lifted off of their shoulders.

 

Sin, left unchecked in your life can also leaving you struggling to breath spiritually. Sin is like a weight, and the more you spend time outside the will of God, the more it builds, until finally you need some refreshment of the soul. I speak from experience on this matter and it can be overwhelming and make you feel isolated from the One who saved you.  

 

For me, I start out my day on my knees in prayer, asking God to forgive me, recalling those specific trespasses. When I do, the weight of sin is lifted and I feel as if I can breathe better in my walk with the Lord. I can assure you the same will happen for you, if you humbly commit yourself to prayer and asking for His forgiveness.

 

Forgiveness cleanses you from your unrighteousness acts and thoughts, freeing you to walk closer to God and experience His best blessings. Try it today! God bless!   

No comments:

Post a Comment