Wednesday, June 21, 2023

 1 Peter 5:2-3 Shepherd the flock of God among you, exercising oversight not under compulsion, but voluntarily, according to the will of God; and not for dishonest gain, but with eagerness;

[3]nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock.


In the latter part of my career I served as a supervisor. One thing I believed in was being the example. I never asked my staff to do anything I wasn't willing to do or did, so they could see the investment I had in the organization I worked for and expected out of them. 


At some point in your life, you too will be the overseer of others, wether it's raising children, teaching others, supervising, or just living amongst others who look up to you. Live by Jesus example so the world can see Him living through you. Your character can positively impact the lives of others within your flock. 


Reading God's word on a daily basis will provide you the wisdom and guidelines to live the structured life necessary to instruct others on how to live the righteous life that will always yield blessings from God. God blesses obedience; let your life impact your corner of this big world for the Lord. God bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment