Monday, June 5, 2023

 Philippians 3:8 More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ. 


A few years ago I hired someone to cut my grass. Mid way thru the year I began to notice weeds and different grasses pop up that I never had. I figured out the lawn guy was carrying other people's seeds from their yard to mine. Last year I hired a yard treatment company, whose been spraying those weeds and unwanted grass to kill them, so my burmuda grass can take over. My wife finds it strange I've hired someone to kill the grass, but it's a necessary if I want a nice looking lawn. 


The same goes for the Christian's life. There might be some people and things that take away the charisma for Christ and deep down you know they've got to be weeded out from your life. Yea, they might seem to fit in perfectly, from a worldly perspective, but spiritually they are holding you back from your fullest potential. 


Call upon the Master Gardner to help you identify those things and people who are choking your ability to soak up God's nutrients (wisdom and way of life) and ask Him to remove them so you can truly flourish without the stains of worldly passions and lusts of the flesh. He will do it and make your spirit and soul a bountiful harvest of God's blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment