Tuesday, August 8, 2023

 Psalms 17:10 They have closed their unfeeling heart, With their mouth they speak proudly.


Have you ever experienced a person with a cold heart? Maybe a coworker, a neighbor, maybe even someone in your own house. A narcissist comes to mind when I think of someone with an "unfeeling" heart. I personally have brushed against someone like this and it can be very frustrating and painful as they continually put you down and seek to belittle you. How does one respond to a callous person? 


Matthew 5:44 But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. 


One thing that helped me over the years was to pray for this person and seek after the heart of Jesus. Lol, I won't lie, praying for that person was difficult and sometimes my thoughts wanted God to remove them from my life. But something I realized through much prayer and open heart, that God allowed their existence in my life for a purpose. Looking back now I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that I would never have survived emotionally without my prayer time. God gave me the strength and courage to sustain the repeated attacks with a tender response from me, that only God could have orchestrated. I just hope that somewhere along the way this person's heart softened just enough to see the pride that polluted his mind. 


A cold hearted person with no feelings can only be broken by the love of Jesus Christ, shown through your example. Keep praying and trusting that God is doing a work in your situation as you sustain a Christ centered spirit. God bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment