Tuesday, August 1, 2023

 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ.  Philippians 3:8

 As I entered adulthood, I received guidance on how to prioritize things I want and things I need. This has been a good standard to use when deciding if I should purchase something. A “want” is something I desire, a “need” is something truly necessary for my day to day living…like groceries. As a child of God, there should be one more consideration, the will of God for your life.

 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:2.

 Life has many opportunities to pursue such as hobbies, aquire nice things and build a strong reserve of money through a career or financial investments. In America, the sky is the limit to what you can achieve and accumulate over your lifetime. The Apostle Paul clearly understood true sacrifice with regards to the things of this world vs. having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Not one of the opportunities in Paul’s life were more important than his relationship with Jesus. And because of this standard, he lived his life within the perfect will of God. And we benefit from his sacrifice as we use his God inspired writings as a guide for our daily lives.

 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

 God doesn’t mind if you have a mansion, He just doesn’t want it to come between you and your relationship with Him. God will make it clear of the things and people in your life that hinder that relationship, it’s up to you to decide between wants, needs and His perfect will. When you learn to use God’s standard of faith, you will find His blessings far better and long lasting than anything this world can give you! Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment