Sunday, January 14, 2024

James‬ ‭1:2‬ My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,


My wife and I recently traveled to Mobile Alabama for a 6 day Carnival cruise. If you've ever traveled to Mobile, you know it's the most boring drive, and makes it feel like forever getting there. By the time we got to our hotel, I just wanted to get to my room and chill. After waiting a bit to check in I had a few hiccups with the front desk, ended up at the wrong room with key not working. Got that worked out and finally in the room. Whew, I was a bit ill. Said and thought things out of character. After a good night's rest, I had a better attitude and need of God's forgiveness for not passing this test to be joyful in the moment of a trial. 


‭‭James‬ ‭1:3‬ knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 


Patience, we all need it, especially as a child of God. Patience prevents your behavior and thoughts from going south, which mine did at check in. Satan had fun poking me, and I should have prayed him off. Have you been there? I bet you have, and it's something you look back with regret and damage control. 


‭‭James‬ ‭1:4‬ But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.


Lesson for all of us. Next time you, and myself, feel patience being tested, praise God in the moment and pray off the culprit, so you can maintain character and wake the next day without regret, knowing you passed that test of your faith and patience. God bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment