Monday, July 15, 2024

 He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord. Proverbs 18:22

 Yesterday at church I had a middle-aged couple sitting in front of me, whom I haven’t ever seen before. During the service the lady would sit right up next to her man, often putting her head on his shoulder and occasionally they would share smiling glances at each other. When I got home, I shared this experience with my wife, stating there was this couple who either just started dating or got married right before walking into the church doors. LOL. My wife responded “and what is wrong with that?”.

 When you look around at many married couples today, they don’t have that enthusiasm for each other. Time has somehow eroded the fresh love and excitement of their relationship, leaving them to co-exist, and much of the excitement has been replaced with an occasional peck, hug, or a quick “I love you”. Relationships are hard work, and oftentimes need that occasional bond fire moment to rekindle the romantic love they once had for each other. As I type, I find these words true for myself. We all can do a better job loving our spouses (this goes for wives as well) and keeping the flame of love fresh and vibrant.

 Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered. 1 Peter 3:7

 There is nothing weak about a wife. She was made by God with a special gift to love and nurture her spouse and children. Her heart is delicate and needs the love and support of her spouse. Whatever you need to do to maintain that flame, will benefit you, not only in your relationship, but also God’s response to your prayers. Let’s rekindle the flame of love this week! God bless!  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment