Friday, July 19, 2024

 James 1:4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 


My wife and I are visiting my oldest son, his wife, and two year old this weekend. Today we had the opportunity to watch my grandson all day while his parents were working. It's been a great day, soaking up every minute with him. It's been more relaxing because I'm not in my home environment with all the responsibilities and busy things I have to do. For someone whose type “A” like me, it was a day of patience, which is something I struggle with. Lol. 


Today's passage came to mind as I found myself totally immersed in the time spent with him. I had nowhere to be but in the moment. He had all my attention, and it was nice. 


Patience is a rare commodity these days. We all live busy lives with our to do lists, obligations, and slave to time. If only we lived our lives with patience, we’d be more in the moment, giving others our devout attention and more than likely making special memories. 


We all could use more patience. I encourage you to not let time rob you of the special moments of life. Ask God to give you patience so you too can make the most life has to offer. God bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment