Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Proverbs 18:1 A man who isolates himself seeks his own desire; He rages against all wise judgment.


Have you ever wanted to isolate yourself from the rest of the world? For some that thought wouldn't even cross their mind, yet people, like myself, have no issue with isolation. Everyone is different in their own way, and that's ok. 


Today's scripture gives a reasonable warning about isolation, “it rages against all wise judgment”. I can attest, my thought pattern wasn't always focused on God when living alone. I had no one to share ideas and more importantly cross check the thoughts and beliefs that were the motivation for my decisions. Looking back now, I can tell you Satan's lies screamed louder than God's whispers of wisdom, and poor choices were made as a result. 


I've been married for almost 5 years now and I can tell you it's a wonderful thing to have companionship. I always say she keeps me in line, and God speaks thru her to provide nuggets of wisdom, conviction, and most of all she reflects the love, grace, and mercy of God to me….something I wouldn't experience isolated from the world. 


It's ok to spend a little time to yourself. Just be on guard that Satan will try to use that time to feed you some illogical thoughts in an effort to push you further from God's truth. Keep someone close by so you don't fall into this trap of isolation that can hinder your walk with the Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment