Sunday, March 17, 2019


And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25



So, its Sunday morning already. Wow, the weekend seems to have blown by rather quickly. One last day to sleep in right? Maybe this morning you are considering church attendance, but the thought of staying home and resting sounds better. I mean you can worship God at home right? Read a little bible passage, and pray. Sounds good, but lets look at what church attendance does for the child of God.



Matthew 18:20 says….”Where two or three gather in My name, there I am with them. Don’t know about you, but I  want to be where God is. I have personally seen the presence of God in my church and how uplifting His Spirit is in the presence of His children gathered together.



When I’m at church, I have an opportunity to talk with other believers and they ask about my well-being and pray for me when I am in need of help. I do the same for them. Together we are greater in numbers than me sitting at home, alone without conversation and encouragement from my brothers and sisters in Christ. 


Just as today’s verse talks about those who get out of the habit of attending church; I’ve experienced this….when you stop doing something routine, it becomes a habit and eventually you don’t even  consider church attendance important. That’s a bad habit to get into and can seriously damage your relationship with God.



The spiritual feeding and nourishment I get from singing praises and hearing a message from God through the sermon helps me learn and grown in my faith. I never miss an opportunity to learn more from God’s word and what a privilege it is to attend church without fear of persecution. Church attendance grows your knowledge of God.



Lastly, God is blessed when He sees His children commit their time to serving Him through worship. God knows you can do 100 different things on Sunday morning, but when you commit your time to Him, He blesses you with more time in the day and brings spiritual uplifting to your soul.



The things I’ve mentioned today are hard to do, sitting at home all alone. Find God in the numbers of believers gathered together in His name. You wont miss anything by attending! See you in church! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment