Saturday, February 18, 2023

 He who builds according to every man’s advice will have a crooked house. Danish Proverb.

 One of the things I enjoy in retirement is cooking new dishes. Facebook is full of everyone’s recipes, and everyone of them varies in ingredients. Last night I tried making friend rice for the first time. I wanted it to be perfect, so I kept going back to the online recipe. Some things I was doing wasn’t jiving according to the instructions, so in the middle of the cooking, I just laid down the instructions and finished it as best I knew how. And guess what, it turned out very delicious.

 So how does my cooking line up with today’s Danish proverb? If you are living and know people, I’m sure they’ve given you advice about life. Some people’s advice is good, and each varies from one person to the next. But sometimes the best way to navigate life is just go with it using your own God given resources. No one knows you like YOU and God. You’ve lived long enough to know what works and doesn’t in your life, so go for it. You won’t learn anything about you, unless you do it yourself, and sometimes that means making mistakes. As long as no one dies, you are ok.

 So far my wife hasn’t suffered from anything I’ve cooked, so things are ok. Same for you friend. Live life the best way you know how and learn more yourself with the talents and abilities God has given you! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment