Tuesday, December 19, 2023

 Jesus said, “I am the light of the world”. John 8:12

 Christmastime is meant for celebration, the birth of Jesus Christ! For many though, distractions take away much of the joy others experience during this wonderful holiday. Distractions include loss of loved ones, family disputes, loneliness, financial struggles, health issues, even struggles with sinful behaviors. The list is long and maybe you are one of those who is suffering through his holiday.

 This early morning, I too was struggling and God spoke to my heart saying, “look at the light”. In today’s verse, Jesus said “I am the light of the world”. He continued: I am the light of hope, I am the light of healing, I am the light of holiness, I am the light of peace, I am the light that passeth all understanding, I am the light of love, I am the light of compassion, I am the light of forgiveness, I am the light of comfort, I am the light in your darkness. I AM! As He spoke to my heart, the automatic light in our living room went out and all that illuminated the room was our Christmas tree, which made the tree come to life.

 You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Matthew 5:14

 Maybe you simply need to take your focus off life’s distractions and focus on the light of Jesus Christ. Let those Christmas lights be a reminder of Christ’s love for you and all the things He brought to my attention in the above paragraph. He is the light of this wonderful season of celebration; don’t let the distractions take away the light inside your soul that wants to shine brightly in honor of Him! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment