Sunday, December 17, 2023

 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone who says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? James 2:14

 While working as a Supervisory Park Ranger, one of the hardest things for me was not doing “Park Ranger” work. I was considered a manager, thus countless meetings and responding to hundreds of emails consumed my day; while I longed to simply ride through our parks and interact with visitors. Yea, I got to do that on occasion, but I was primarily in the office. I was called a park ranger, looked like one, but didn’t do much ranger work.

 Ephesians 2:8&9 says by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works. As a child of God, you are saved by faith. Nothing you physically do earns you the title of a “Christian” or “Disciple”. But once saved, your role as a Christian is to serve others, by showing them the love of God, through selfless acts of kindness and giving.

 As you approach Christmas, why not start performing the role of Christian by serving others. That homeless person on the street corner could use some fellowship, a bag of food, or simply $20 to get him through another day. There are countless resources in your community that NEED help with gifts, food or financial support; why not share of God’s blessings with those agencies? Your generous giving will bless them and you will fulfill your role, your purpose, as a Child of God, to bless those with the love of Christ this Christmas, and all year long! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment