Monday, June 3, 2024

  ‭I John 2:24 Therefore let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father.


Over the past week I worked at our church’s summer camp for kids. It reminded me of the years I attended church camp: learning about God, in depth study, praise and worship, and most importantly it's where I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Savior. 


Today's verse recalled the excitement of my newly formed relationship with Jesus Christ. At the beginning I had a great desire to study God's word and understand this new bond I had with the creator of the universe. Over time that enthusiasm waned and I studied less. The effects of that period in time stunted my spiritual growth and it showed iny behavior, thoughts, and indulgence in worldly pursuits. 


The good news is I eventually realized my errors and restored my relationship with Jesus. Ever since then I've grown spiritually through Bible study, prayer time, and having less desires for the things of the world. 


Maybe you have lost that first love for Christ and your enthusiasm to learn and grow has waned. Jesus is always there, ready to reignite the passion and enthusiasm for a strongly bonded relationship. Seek Him out today and find that joy, peace, and understanding you once had. You'll be glad you came back to the Savior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment