Thursday, June 13, 2024

Ponder the path of your feet, and let all your ways be established. Proverbs 4:26

 In retirement, I’ve made it a habit of devoting a great amount of time studying God’s word and reading devotions that help keep me spiritually on track. Although I’ve done devotions for many many years, this is a season of my life where I have a lot of free time to dig deep. And the more I study, the more I realize just how far off track I am at times with my beliefs, attitudes, and my past failures (sins) have made me recognize the importance of repentance and God’s purpose of sending His Son, Jesus Christ, to make payment for my transgressions. I’ve found myself completely humbled, asking for His forgiveness and strength to do what is right.

 Proverbs 4:26 encourages believers to be spiritually alert and to consider your ways…your thoughts, attitudes, beliefs, and actions. If off course; come to repentance and redirect your steps in Godly wisdom and spiritual alertness. I can honestly say, I’ve not always been that way and it’s been evident by my transgressions. How do we make Godly living a priority in our lives?

 Love the Lord with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. Matthew 22:37

 What has become clear to me is my lack of love for the Lord. Matthew 22:37 comes straight from the mouth of Jesus Christ, that we are to love the Lord with every ounce of our being. When you love someone deeply, you are devoted to them and everything you do focusses around their existence in your life. If only I could go back in time and redo some things, correct the many wrongs I’ve done and reset my moral compass along the way. Thankfully, God’s love has been greater than mine and His forgiveness has always kept me in His graces as He’s covered me with protection, even when I was living in enemy territory.

 How’s your spiritual life? Have you truly taken time to evaluate the direction you are headed? Have you measured your attitudes, beliefs, and actions against God’s word? Let Matthew 22:27 be the hallmark of your faith and every ounce of your being. God will bless you with His presence by providing wisdom, spiritual discernment, and convict when you are headed in the wrong direction.  A lifetime of Godly living and good, moral decisions, will align you for the words of God, “well done my good and faithful servant”.

No comments:

Post a Comment