Thursday, August 15, 2024

 II Peter 3:18  but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.


On occasion I'll take a few minutes and reflect over my life, thinking about my past, and evaluate where I am in the moment. I do this to ensure I'm growing in wisdom, learning more about my relationship with Jesus, and most importantly not repeating old behaviors that were foolish in my younger years. Well, I still have a long ways to go, but I'm steadily moving in the right direction. 


In today's verse, Simon Peter encouraged his reading audience to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ. Why? By gaining a better understanding of His grace and wisdom, they could grow in their faith and not become stagnant in their relationship with Him. 


I encourage you to take some time this week to evaluate where you've been and where you currently are in your faith. You will most likely see areas where you've grown in spiritual wisdom which has helped you make better decisions in life, and you'll find other areas that need some additional help to unroot those persistent sins that hold you back from your fullest potential. 


The best text book to learn from is God's word, the Bible. Yes, books are good, but they are one man's opinion and some can mislead you. God's word is straight from His very lips, it doesn't get any simpler. Grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ so you'll be better equipped to make decisions that will bring glory and honor to your Heavenly Father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment