Thursday, August 1, 2024

 Our Father in heaven

Hallowed by Your name

Your Kingdom come

Your will be done

On earth as it is in heaven.  Matthew 6:9-10

Ever wonder why bad things happen to good people? As I still struggle with the thought that three of the four Nelons died in a plane crash, I keep asking God why. Looking at their concert schedule, they were supposed to perform many concerts each month through the end of this year and even into 2025. I know I’m not the only one who has questions for God.

 As I was doing my morning devotions, God put a reminder on my heart in the Lord’s prayer: “YOUR WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN”. Heaven is God’s home, and from this perfect place, He has plans for each of His children, even the appointed time of death. We might never understand the plans He enacts, but we can be assured that those who follow Christ are secure in Heaven. I’d like to think Jason, Kelly, and Amber are leading the Heavenly choir, praising God.

 For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9

 One days all of His plans will come to light, when we see Jesus, face to face. His plans are always perfect and directed from the Heavenly realms, beyond our capacity to comprehend His reasoning. Until then friend, keep the faith and trust that God knows what HE is doing, and be thankful His Holy Spirit resides in you for comfort and peace during a time of sadness and loss.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment