Thursday, May 16, 2019


And he said, “I heard the sound of you in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself. Genesis 3:10

God gave Adam and Eve the perfect place to live, a garden full of life sustaining food and water. But under one condition, do not eat the fruit from ONE tree…all the others were good, just not this specific one. Well….as the story goes, a fine display of human fraility, they ate the forbidden fruit.

This morning God spoke to me about obedience. So often we do all the right things in our life, but the one thing we accept as “ok” because we are doing all the right stuff otherwise. I’ve heard it said many times, partial obedience is disobedience. And like Adam and Eve, once our sin is exposed, we will be left naked and afraid….a place God NEVER intended for Adam and Eve to be…including us.

What forbidden fruit are you still involved in? If you truly want to experience God’s blessings, stop the behavior you’ve rationalized and walk within the will of God. There is no other place to be in life than His perfect will. God bless!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment