Wednesday, November 18, 2020

 

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God: Philippians 4:6

 

This past Sunday I observed several people sitting in the pew sobbing. Most likely they were in the middle of some painful difficulty and it was weighing heavy on their heart. I’ve been there and know how life’s difficult moments can overwhelm you to the point that you lose control of your emotions and cry out for help.

 

As I observed the emotional outpouring, a thought came to mind: when faced with difficulty, ring God’s door bell for help. I know it sounds corny, but there is much truth to the statement. So often we get side tracked with a difficulty that consumes us from all sides. Unfortunately, it can be so distracting you forget to call upon God for help. As Christians, we have the Holy Spirit with us 24/7. He is always there, ready for us to push that help button, and He will respond. God Himself said: I will never leave you!

 

The next time you face difficulty, don’t face it alone, ring God’s door bell. He will answer no matter the time of day or weight of your trouble. Trust me, I speak from experience! He will help you too. Call upon Him today! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment