Thursday, November 5, 2020

 

Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done. Luke 22:42

 

Last Sunday our preacher was closing the service with a prayer. Near the conclusion of his prayer he stated, “may Your will be done.” As I sat there, I asked myself, am I able to accept His will for my life? I can speak from experience, sometimes God’s will for my life involve pain, and difficult times. Although I know God uses those difficult times to grow my faith and strengthen my relationship with Him, its still hard to accept.

 

Maybe you are in the midst of a difficult situation: a diagnosis that doesn’t appear to be favorable, you are facing some tough decisions that will not only impact you, but others in your life and those impacts aren’t easy, maybe there is difficulty at work and your worry constantly about tomorrow. No doubt, life can have its peaks and unfortunate valleys. But don’t be discouraged friend, God’s will has a better outcome than the difficulty currently facing you.

 

Today’s passage is a reminder that as a Christian, you will have difficult times. Jesus paid mankind’s sin debt by sacrificing His life on the cross. I’m sure his flesh didn’t want to go through the excruciating pain and momentary separation from God, yet God’s will had an eternal purpose, and Jesus stuck to the plan by being obedient to His Father. And we are so thankful He went through it on our behalf!

 

“These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” John 16:33. Stick with God’s will for your life. There is a bigger blessing on the other side of this tribulation you are encountering. God bless

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment